Cannes Film Festival Guide
The full rundown on attending the Cannes Film Festival
Attending Cannes for the first time will be one of the most rewarding things you do for your film industry career. But it can also be a somewhat daunting and chaotic experience. Not only do you need to stay on top of 12 days of hardcore film business, you must also cope with the fact that it all takes place in a country which doesn’t speak English, and in a city that's neither one of the largest nor cheapest places to stay.
Inside the Cannes Film Festival
Cannes Film Festival Help and FAQ
We've gathered up the answers to the most frequently asked questions about the Cannes Film Festival.
The Festival & Attending
- When is the next festival?
- How do I attend the festival?
- What is the official website for the Cannes Film Festival?
- Help! I've missed the accreditation deadline. What do I do?
- Can I volunteer to help out at the festival?
- How do you pronounce 'Cannes'?
- I heard about the 'Cannes Independent Film Festival'. Is this an official event?
- How do I submit a film to the fesitval?
- Does the festival accept digital films?
- Can I submit a work in progress to the festival?
- Do I need to clear copyright for music etc in order to submit to the festival?
- Can I submit a screenplay to the festival?
- Can I submit a documentary to the Cannes Film Festival?
- Can I submit to both the Festival de Cannes and sidebars like the Directors' Fortnight, Critics' Week, etc?
When You're in Cannes
- The best days to attend the festival
- What to wear at the festival
- How to find out about/get invites to parties in Cannes
- I'd like to book a... for the festival.
- What's the best way to get around town during the festival?
- How do I see celebrities in Cannes?
- Where can I find a list of people and/or companies attending the festival?
- Can I get a photo of myself on the red carpet?