Cannes Joins Forces With Berlin, Sundance, Toronto, Venice, and 16 Other Festivals for Global Film Event
With their 2020 events mostly cancelled, 21 of the world's top film festivals have joined forced for a special online event - We Are One, A Global Film Festival.
The 10 day event runs 29 May - 7 June on a dedicated YouTube channel, screening a range of features, shorts, and panel discussions, curated by each of the festival teams. Films will run on a specific schedule, so to catch them, you'll need to tune in at the appropriate time. Some films will also be available for on-demand viewing afterwards.
Each festival has submitted a selection of films from what would otherwise have been in their 2020 line-up. The full list and screening schedule is available at the official We Are One website. In addition to some great shorts and features, keep an eye out for the various panel events with high-profile filmmakers including Francis Ford Coppola, Steven Soderbergh, Jackie Chan, Alejandro Iñárritu, and more.
All screenings are free, however donations are encouraged, with proceeds going to a range of COVID-19 charities.
The full list of participating festivals:
- Annecy International Animation Film Festival
- Berlin International Film Festival
- BFI London Film Festival
- Cannes Film Festival
- Guadalajara International Film Festival
- International Film Festival & Awards Macao (IFFAM)
- International Film Festival Rotterdam
- Jerusalem Film Festival
- Mumbai Film Festival (MAMI)
- Karlovy Vary International Film Festival
- Locarno Film Festival
- Marrakech International Film Festival
- New York Film Festival
- San Sebastian International Film Festival
- Sarajevo Film Festival
- Sundance Film Festival
- Sydney Film Festival
- Tokyo International Film Festival
- Toronto International Film Festival
- Tribeca Film Festival
- Venice Film Festival
> Visit the official website
> Watch the official YouTube channel
Find Out More >